This Wednesday, Survivor 2012 Philippines premieres just ahead of the Big Brother 14 finale.
As most of you know, the season will include several familiar names, including an athlete, a former child actress and three former contestants who were taken out of the game for medical reasons.
If you want to get ahead of the game and get to know the new castaways, CBS, of course has up videos from all the contestants. One of the contestants I’m most interested in is Lisa Welchel, from TV’s The Facts of Life. In her video, which I’ve shared below, she talks about her life after the sitcom and tells us that she was not recruited to be on Survivor. She said she had a friend make a video of her on her iPhone and then she sent it out into the Twitterverse as a campaign to get her on the show. And it worked.
Next week will bring us the premiere of Survivor Philippines and with it the return of three former fallen players: Michael Skupin, Jonathan Penner and Russell Swan. These returning castaways will join 15 new players to form three separate tribes. You can read about the Philippines tribes and how they’re split.
Here’s a refresher video with Jeff Probst detailing how and why each of the returning players had to leave the game. I can’t decide who had the worst reason to be evacuated. Well, probably Jonathan considering that infection could have spread and cost him his life. What do you think is the worst reason to be removed?
The final three castaways for Survivor 2012 have been confirmed. Michael Skupin, Jonathan Penner and Russell Swan will be making their return to the show in addition to 15 previously announced castaways.
Michael, Jonathan and Russell were all taken out of the Survivor game for medical reasons and have been given a second chance. Michael show’s first medical evacuation ever in Survivor: Australian Outback. Jonathan’s return will be his third time playing the game. His last attempt ended in injury during the Micronesia season. Russell was removed from Survivor: Samoa for severe dehydration.
Survivor Philippines premieres Wednesday, Sept. 19.
The Survivor 2012 cast has been confirmed and there might be a couple of familiar faces in the bunch — even aside from the three returning players. Fans might recognize Lisa Whelchel from her time as Blair Warner on 1980s sitcom “The Facts of Life.” Also joining the Survivor Philippines cast is Major League Baseball All-Star Jeff Kent.
While the three returning players this season are to be confirmed later this week, they’re said to be Jonathan Penner – Cook Islands, Micronesia, Russell Swan – Samoa, and Mike Skupin – Australian Outback.
15 of the 18 Survivor Philippines Cast:
Kalabaw (Water Buffalo) Tribe
- Sarah Dawson, 28, Silver Spring, Maryland, insurance salesperson
- Katie Hanson, 22, Newark, Delaware, 2011 Miss Delaware
- Jeff Kent, 44, Austin, Texas, former Major League Baseball All Star
- Dana Lambert, 32, Winston-Salem, North Carolina, cosmetologist
- Carter Williams, 24, Shawnee, Kansas, coach
Matsing (Monkey) Tribe
- Malcolm Freberg, 25, Hermosa Beach, California, bartender
- Zane Knight, 28, Danville, Virginia, tire repairman
- Angie Layton, 20, Provo, Utah, model and former Miss Utah Teen USA
- Roxanne “Roxy” Morris, 28, Brooklyn, seminary student
- Denise Stapley, 41, Cedar Rapids, Iowa, therapist
Tandang (Rooster) Tribe
- Abi-Maria Gomes, 32, Los Angeles, student
- Roberta “RC” Saint-Amour, 27, New York, banker
- Artis Silvester, 53, Terry Town, Louisiana, computer engineer
- Lisa Whelchel, 49, Dallas, former star TV’s “The Facts of Life”
- Peter “Pete” Yurkowski, 24, Holmdel, New Jersey, engineering graduate
We’re not far from the premiere of Survivor Philippines which means it’s time for rumors, speculations, and spoilers on the new season’s cast! We had heard from Jeff Probst that he’d like to work in returning Survivor players each season, blah, so those are part of the preseason spoilers too.
As part of the Survivor 2012 teaser video we saw at the end of One World we learned past players who were evacuated for medical reasons would return for this season. That seemed like a perfect segue to bring back Colton, last season’s “villain.” If these rumors are accurate then we won’t be seeing Colton again for this season of Survivor.