It’s never easy to rank the players after only one episode, but let’s give it a try. Survivor 2019 premiered last week, and we didn’t get a lot to go on yet, so we are going to just focus on the Top 5 players of the week until we get to see more of everyone.
Survivor 2019 Player Rankings: The Top 5
1. Elaine. I’ve never seen someone steal so many hearts so quickly. Elaine was actually on the chopping block because of her social game, but ended up not getting any votes cast against. Now that’s a social game.
2. Janet. Realizing that the “older woman” archetype is often one of the first to go, Janet took action to make herself valuable in the tribe, easily starting fire without flint. She then furthered her worth helping around camp and contributing to the challenge win that kept her tribe for the first week.
3. Tom. I think Tom sort of took a commanding lead of his tribe. He just seems like of anyone, he was the obvious choice. But this is a very interesting cast already because everyone seems really eager to play.
4. Tommy. Like Tom, Tommy sort of stood out among his tribe. Others seem to gravitate toward him and I could see him being an important asset to his tribe. Of course he will be in danger as soon as they hit merge, but for now he’s probably in a good place.
5. Elizabeth. Despite failing to win the fire-making challenge against Rob, Elizabeth kept that information to herself and successfully kept the fact hidden that her vote wasn’t counted during tribal.
If we were ranking all 19 remaining players, I think it would be safe to say that Dan and Aaron would be at the bottom. Dan put a target on his back right away for going off on his own to search for idols. That’s always such a dumb move because at the start of the game, people are looking for any reason they can find for a first target. And Aaron was blindsided along with Ronnie at Tribal Council, so he is clearly not in the majority there.
How would you rank the Survivor 39 players following the first week of the season?