(Note: In the game, it’s Week 8 because of the double episode. For us, it’s still our seventh week watching.)
The Survivor 2019 castaways just finished the second week after the merge and a lot of dynamics are shifting and we are seeing other people playing the game now. And with Eric voted out last night, the most powerful player spot is open! So let’s take a look at how the Survivor Player Rankings have changed.
1. Lauren. I’m just going to do it. I’m putting Lauren at the top. She has played so well in every competition and she probably would have won this week’s had she not passed out. She’s a beast. And she still has that idol up her sleeve.
2. Julie. I’m going to keep Julie up here near the top just because she really knows what’s up in the game. And she had that immunity win from last week which really improved her power in the game.
3. Rick. I still don’t like putting Rick this high, but he did win himself back in the game. And now he has half of an immunity idol and he actually knows that he should not trust the people who voted him out the first time.
4. Kelley. I will always think Kelley is a bit overrated with Survivor fans, but she’s managed to not be voted out yet so that’s impressive. And she has a hidden immunity idol still tucked away for when she might need it.
5. Victoria. She could have stuck to her guns this week, but she went with what the others wanted, and in the end got out a strong player. I think she is one of the smartest in the group and could have easily taken the No. 1 spot this week if others didn’t have direct accomplishments to show this week.
6. David. He gets to jump up a few spots this week, just because he should probably be gone by now, but here he is. And now he has the other half of Rick’s idol and he’s not giving it back.
7. Gavin. I was starting to think Gavin would be slipping soon, but this week he helped make some strong moves and he’s still yet to be mentioned as a target despite his strong competition showings.
8. Ron. I love that Ron would rank himself No. 1, but I will not be doing that. I wouldn’t have done that even before he got totally bamboozled this week all while calling himself the puppet master.
9. Julia. I’m not sure Julia was totally right this week about what Eric was up to, but at least she’s playing. I mean actually listening to Wardog and then making a move based on that is something. And exactly why she stays at No. 9. She’s lucky I didn’t drop lower for listening to Wardog (even if he had a point).
10. Aurora. I’d normally rank someone who won immunity higher, but the way she won and what was going on when she won it was just bad. I think it shows how determined she is, but it really left a bad taste in the mouths of the others and that could be a fatal error.
12. Wardog. So Wardog suggested to Julia that Eric was bringing in Rick and David to cut her and Gavin and Julie later… Not a bad move on his part. But he didn’t have to do that. Kelley and Lauren were going to play their idols and get out Ron or Eric anyway. So now the exact same thing happened only Kelley and Lauren still have their idols. Which is really bad news for him. I know he had no idea about what he was inadvertently doing, but I knew! So here you stay in last place, Wardog.
How would you rank the Survivor 2019 players this week?